Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education
Overarching Philosophy of Grade 1 & 2 Curriculum
The Kinder Academy elementary curriculum is embedded with a vision; one that encourages students to explore, discover, and excel while learning fundamental concepts that lead to academic success for further years to come. The curriculum fosters an outcome approach; it identifies what the students should achieve. Its educational framework is based on the essential elements (knowledge, concepts, skills, attitudes, and actions) that students need to succeed in their lives, in the present and in the future. We, at Kinder Academy, designed an accessible and innovative curriculum underpinned by research, innovation, and values with a secure focus on impact.
Our grade 1 and 2 curriculum embeds all the fundamental values; core morals and the essential skill set needed to help children capably convey their ideas, thoughts, and feelings. In this way, students focus on the development of skills necessary for learning, at an increasing level of complexity, as they progress through their course of study.
Since each curriculum sets out what students need to know, and the skills they need to acquire in relation to their study at Kinder Academy, the primary purpose is to provide a structure around which the teachers can deliver courses, exploring the students’ maximum potential, and helping them achieve optimum results.
The curriculum foundation of our elementary classes are based on the following principles:
- Connection to Prior Learning and Appropriate Challenge
- learning in the Kinder Academy classrooms is characterized by approaches which take into account the students’ existing knowledge, skills and values, and at the same time challenge the students to extend their existing ways of acting and thinking.
- Action and Reflection
- in the context of meaningful learning, teachers at the Kinder Academy will encourage both action and reflection-on-action by the learner.
- Motivation and Purpose
- learning at the Kinder Academy will be motivating, and the purpose of learning activities will be made clear to students.
- Shared Values
learning environment at the Kinder Academy will respect and accommodate all learners.
- Autonomy and Team Work
- teachers will support students’ independent and collaborative learning.
- Supportive and Learning Environments
- the Kinder Academy classrooms are conducive to effective learning.