Art and music are of the highest manifestations of human activity and joy; as an essential element in the development and evolution of man through which a personal and disinterested vision is expressed that interprets the real or imagined with sound, plastic or linguistic resources.
It has been scientifically proven that creative arts and music, from an early age, cultivates sensitivity in humans that forms solid ethics in their adult life.
Research over the years, supported by concrete quantitative and qualitative data, shows that art and musical education should not be considered an additional luxury, but a fundamental component of education, since it can help children develop their abilities in other subjects too.
Music, for example, allows us concentration – Through listening to music, our mind navigates and we are able to deepen our interiority. It also awakens the sense of hearing and this makes us more perceptive. In addition, when we listen to it melodically, our sense of rhythm becomes acuter.
The literature develops our thinking – When language and tones of words become broad and flowery, this awakens our creativity and language skills, as we manage to transmit our ideas with great clarity through reading, making our vocabulary becomes more extensive.
Drawing, painting or construction – they constitute a complex process in which the child gathers diverse elements of their experience to form a full picture with a new meaning. In the process of selecting, interpreting and reaffirming those elements, the child gives us something more than just a drawing or a sculpture; they give us a part of them: how they think, how they feel and how they see the world.
The theater – though as a learning process and not as a result, allows the development of individual and group creativity, stimulates the integration as a whole through dramatic play, developing a bond and personal confidence.
Dance promotes teamwork, develop the consequent awareness for the assimilation of values such as solidarity, respect for diversity, tolerance, cooperation and the valuation of one’s identity.
It is important to clarify that it is not intended to make artists of all students; some will be judges and other performers. This means, not all music lovers can play an instrument, but at the same time they do appreciate the melody; just like it is not necessary to write a book to enjoy the pleasure of reading.
Importance of art
- Teaches children to be more tolerant and open
- Allows children to express themselves through creatively
- Promotes individuality and collective work, which increases self-confidence and improves academic performance in general
To keep in mind
We all know that learning starts at home. We have put together some simple ideas that you can incorporate, to help your child enjoy art, music and be open towards creativity.
- Teach songs to your children and sing along
- Introduce different types of music and encourage them to singing and dance to its rhythm
- Only with a piece of paper and pencil or colors, the children can be given the opportunity to express themselves. The important thing is that they feel encouraged and that they create the habit of writing and drawing. Their skill will improve when they compare their work naturally with other drawings and words they see around them. Drawing and writing together will help them to see that you also value these activities
- Have pictures and books on hand for them to enjoy and value
- Procure programming for high-quality children that can stimulate your child’s imagination and broaden their understanding of the many different forms of art that exist. If your child sees that you value art, they will value it too!
At Kinder Academy, we invite you to defend strongly the creativity of art and music in the classroom and on the daily basis we recommend combining our educational methods with fun resources for all the classes to make our teaching more attractive and awaken the love of art and music among the youngest.
To know more about our artistic creativity and music curriculum contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or join us at www.facebook.com/kinderacademypk.